Thursday, January 2, 2014

My lost baggage from Bangkok

Hey guys! I know I haven't talk much about my recent Bangkok trip is because I didn't want to be reminded of my lost baggage which consists of MOSTLY MY NEW CLOTHES. Imagine buying a pile of clothes, the hours spent finding all of them and anticipating to wear them out. But with just a blink of an eye, they are all gone! I was too tired to be angry when I lost my baggage at the airport. So I didn't grumble much about it, but I had this good feeling that my baggage was going to be found. AND IT DID! I was sleeping so soundly today because I have NO SCHOOL ( while all my juniors have ) and my sister told me to wake up by 11 am because the delivery man will be here to deliver my baggage. The man was late by more than an hour. I was getting impatient....so I went to watch The Carrie Diaries to distract myself. Halfway through the show, he finally showed at my doorstep. There he was carrying my lost baggage. I was so happy, no words can describe how I felt! Thank god there was nothing less in my baggage, it arrived back in one piece with nothing missing! Even the roll of toilet paper was still inside! Everyone was saying I couldn't retrieve my baggage because it has been more than a week and still no news about it. Finally the person from scoot called my mom to say they had found it!

My sister was so mad that night at the airport. We could lose all the snacks that we bought but NOT this baggage! We were blaming everyone else except ourselves. I know that when we are mad, we become unreasonable and blame others. Everyone was in bad mood that night because it was already 12 midnight and we were all exhausted. I still had to work the next day. The next morning, things cooled down a bit and I talked to my sister. After talking so much, we realized blaming others was so ridiculous. We just went on and on on who to blame. I think things just happen, just not our luck that night. At least we were back home safely. And in the end, still managed to retrieve it after more than a week.

The worst feeling of losing my baggage was that I bought many vintage clothes from Bangkok ( I am recently obsessed with vintage style!!! ) and they were all SO CHEAP! Only 100 baht for each blouse?!?! That's like about SGD 4 ! I was at The Editor's Market 2 days ago and compared the prices, one vintage blouse is $29!! Nonetheless, I still bought it because I was mad that I lost all my vintage blouses. This was the very first time I felt a heartache shopping. Of course the quality of the blouses here are MUCH BETTER, but still......

I don't regret buying those vintage blouses from The Editor's Market. The prints are all very unique and in limited pieces! I will post pictures of them on my Instagram ( @theunpsokenmelodies ) next time when I wear them!

From this lost baggage incident, I did learn lessons from it. It was our fault for not taking care of our baggage. The next time I go to Bangkok, I will hold to my baggage so tightly and never let them go. I never want to feel the pain of losing new clothes EVER AGAIN even though they are so cheap. The hard work and hours of shopping are wasted if they really all went missing....

I could have taken care of that baggage if it wasn't for my excruciating tummy ache! I spent the whole of last morning at Bangkok in the toilet, when we were supposed to be shopping! I never had that kind of tummy ache before, the pain was so great my face turned pale and I almost fainted. I thought I was going to spend the last moment in Bangkok at the hospital. Thankfully I didn't! I think losing my baggage is MUCH BETTER than staying in the hospital!

I do want to blog about my Bangkok trip but I don't think I will do it today because I have to refresh my memories in Bangkok. It was a really fun trip despite the ups and downs! And I will definitely will be coming back for MORE SHOPPING!!!

Xoxo,
CHERYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment